"Gau" means 'cow' in Sanskrit.
- Get down on all fours with your palms and knees on the floor and the back straightened out, forming a table top.
- Keep your knees straight below the hips.
- Straighten your arms, so that the wrist, elbow and shoulder are in one straight line.
- Keep your head in the center. Do not let the head hang down.
- Fix your gaze on the floor.
- As you inhale, raise your chest and buttocks towards the ceiling.
- Push your belly downwards towards the floor so that it forms a curve.
- Exhale and raise your spine so that it forms an arc.
- Raise your head and look straight ahead.
- Exhale and bring the spine back to the table top position.
- Repeat 10-12 times.
- People with neck injury should avoid this pose.
- The neck and upper part of the body get stretched.
- The abdominal organs benefit from this pose.
- The spinal column gets massaged.