Home Remedies for
3. Common Cold
4. Headaches and Migraines
5. Insomnia, sleep disorders and sleep deprivation
6. Stomach pains and stomach aches
1. In case of chronic constipation a lifestyle change is necessary:
- Always get up before dawn and get a long, slow walk in the morning air.
- Never wear tight-fitting clothing or belts.
- Have less tobacco, coffee, tea, hot spices & sterilized milk.
- Have more water and fresh whole milk.
- Never sleep during the day or within 3 hours of taking food.
- Fast one day a week.
- Take 3 or 5 prunes boiled 15 minutes or longer every morning.
2. Home Remedies for (Chronic) Indigestion:
- Take one teaspoon of fresh grape wine 30 minutes before meals.
- Reduce or eliminate the consumption of coffee, cigarettes and tea.
- Eat once or twice daily, never after sunset and avoid all in-between snacks.
- Fast on lemon-juice and water.
- Take a small amount of fresh pineapple after meals.
- Take 1/3 of the milk of an average coconut before breakfast.
- To alleviate immediate symptoms take a mixture of ½ teaspoon each of baking soda and oregano seeds with a dash of salt, chased with a glass of lukewarm water.
3. Home Remedies for Common Cold:
- Start the day with the honey-pepper mixture : grind 7 black pepper balls and mix with a teaspoon of honey, turning the spoon 108 times clockwise.
- Following the honey-pepper mixture, swallow, without chewing, one-half average garlic clove with a glass of luke-warm water.
- Take three or four times daily at the most a tea made from one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds, seven black peppercorns and one teaspoon of fresh minced ginger, which were boiled in two cups of water until one cup remains. Black tea may be added, as may sugar.
- Eat us much as possible, but avoid sour foods, cold foods and cold liquids, radishes.
- Sit facing the fire as much as possible.
- Keep the body well covered from throat to thighs
4. Home Remedies for Headaches and Migraines:
They can have many causes and there are many ayurvedic remedies.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- When not suffering from a cold, drink a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water or fill the stomach completely with water.
- Massage forehead, temples, neck and shoulder muscles, making sure to use a little oil to prevent chafing and burning.
- If before sunrise or after sunset and
the stomach is empty, do a head stand. This increases blood
flow in the head and stops most forms of headache.
Headaches most often are caused by problems elsewhere in the body, as can be seen on the following overview :
In Ayurvedic massage therapy, head massage can help to cure disorders elsewhere in the body.
5. Home remedies for insomnia, sleep disorders and sleep deprivation :
- Eat a good meal shortly before sunset, followed two hours later by a bath in lukewarm water. The patient should then go to bed, preferably listening to either drone instruments or the sound of rustling leaves.
- The milk of a nursing mother brings relief when one drop is placed in each nostril.
- Rinse the eyes with rosewater, then add a drop of ghee (clarified butter). Keep the eyes closed and sleep.
- Comb the hair before retiring.
- Massage feet, calves, nape of the neck and shoulders.
- If married, engage in sex.
Also Read : Glory of Waking UP
6. Home Remedies for stomach pains and stomach aches :
- Take 30 grams of pomegranate seeds, sprinkle salt and add a pinch of black pepper. Chew them well and swallow.
- Take 2 grams of oregano seeds, 2 grams of cumin seeds and 2 grams of rock salt. Make a fine powder and squeeze half a lemon on it. Swallow the mixture with a glass of lukewarm water.
- For intestine troubles eat 2 ripe bananas with 250 grams of yoghurt daily for a week. Avoid fried or spiced food and fat.