The word "Janu" means 'knee' and "Hasta" means 'hand'. In this pose the hand is placed just beside the knee, hence the name.
- Sit down on the floor with your legs bent at the knees and folded backwards, soles upturned and toes touching the ground.
- Similar to Vajrasana, place the palms on the ground in front of the knees.
- Push your neck backwards, chest outwards and the waist downwards..
- Relax your entire body.
- Breathe normally.
- People with stiff joints should avoid this posture.
- Practice this pose only when joints have free movement.
- This posture improves blood circulation to the waist and lower portion of the body.