The word "Kanda" means 'bulbous' in Sanskrit. In this posture the feet of the practitioner resemble the bulb of an onion.
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched out in front of you.
- Keep the legs apart.
- Fold both the legs at the knee.
- Hold the fore part of the left and right foot with the respective hands and pull the legs toward the body.
- Twist both the ankles, so that the soles of the feet are facing you.
- Hold the feet against the navel and chest area.
- Maintain this posture for a few seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- The asana is a cure for several sexual disorders.
- It also helps overcome impotency.
- Joint pains are relieved with practice of this pose.
- It provides flexibility of hips by removing stiffness.
- The pose is beneficial for the lower part of your body.