"Marjari" means 'cat' in Sanskrit.
- Get down on all fours with your palms and knees on the floor and the back straightened out, forming a table top.
- Keep your knees right below the hips.
- Straighten your arms, so that the wrist, elbow and shoulder are in one straight line.
- Keep your head in the center. Do not let the head hang down.
- Fix your gaze on the floor.
- Exhale and raise your spine so that it forms an arc.
- Make sure your knees and shoulders are in position.
- Bring your head down.
- Inhale and bring the spine down to assume table top position.
- Repeat 10- 12 times.
- People with neck injury should avoid this pose.
- The spinal cord is stretched and gets massaged.
- The abdominal organs benefit from this pose.
- Practice of Cat pose helps reduce stress.