"Moola" means 'root' or 'source' in Sanskrit. The other meaning of moola is also 'anal'. In this yoga bandha anal lock is performed.
- Sit down on the floor.
- Come into Siddhasana.
- Your left heel should press against the perineum.
- Look in front.
- Exhale slowly.
- Contract your abdomen to lock the anal opening.
- Immediately contract the external and the internal sphincter muscles strongly.
- Simultaneously draw the sphincter muscles up.
- Intensify the contraction process.
- Hold the contraction for 10 seconds.
- Slowly exhale and relax the sphincter muscles.
- You can start with five rounds and then increase by one per week to raise the turns to 10 times.
- Urogenital disorders get cured with this bandha.
- This yoga bandha is beneficial for piles, fistula and prostatic hypertrophy patients.
- The pelvis and organs of this region can benefit from Moola bandha.
- Blood supply to the pelvic region gets augmented.
- Rectal prolapse is prevented.