In Sanskrit, "Moorcha" means 'fainting' or 'swoonin'. This pranayama involves slow inhalation and retention of air for a long period.
- Sit comfortably in Padmasana.
- Take a deep and slow breath through your mouth.
- Focus on the space between your eyebrows.
- Lower your face to place the chin in the jugular notch.
- Apply Jalandhara Bandha .
- Exhale slowly.
- Start with nine rounds and gradually build up to 15 times.
- It gives a great sense of relaxation and happiness.
- Moorcha Pranayama helps to get in touch with your inner self.
- Anuloma Viloma - Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Bhramari Breathing
- Bhastrika Pranayama - Bellow Breathing
- Dirgha Pranayama — Complete Breath
- Kapal Bhati
- Sheetali Breathing
- Sheetkari Breathing
- Surya Bheda Pranayama
- Ujjayi Breathing