"Sava" means 'corpse' in Sanskrit. In this asana the whole body is relaxed by remaining motionless just like a dead body.
- Always practice in a calm dark place.
- Do not move any part of your body unless needed for relaxation.
- Do not yawn at any point of time while practicing the pose.
- This is the best asana to attain relaxation of mind and body.
- The pose can serve as a stress buster.
- It helps improve your work efficiency.
- It rejuvenates your body.
- Regular practice of Savasana helps overcome insomnia.
- The physical and mental stress and strain during a hectic day can be suitably addressed through a few minutes practice of Savasana.
- Savasana helps overcome fatigue.
- Savasana alleviates headache, angina pectoris and dyspepsia.
- Different pains and aches are effectively healed.
- Spinal abnormalities are rectified.