"Viparit" means 'inverted' and "Karani" means 'action'. In this pose the body is kept inverted.
- Lie down on the floor on your back with your legs together.
- Keep your hands on either side with palms facing the floor.
- Inhale and pressing down the palms, raise both your legs together.
- Both legs should be straight without any bending of knees.
- Keep raising the legs till they are perpendicular to the ground.
- Exhaling slowly tale your legs back towards the head.
- Raise the hips and lower back too.
- Make the legs parallel to the floor.
- Complete exhalation.
- Stay in this posture and breathe normally a couple of times.
- Fold your arms at the elbow and place your palms on the buttocks.
- Inhale slowly.
- Supporting your hips with the palms, bring the legs back so they are again perpendicular to the ground.
- Exhale and again breathe normally.
- Both legs should still be straight and joined together.
- Keep your view fixed on the toes of the feet.
- Hold this posture for as long as you can, breathing normally.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Blood circulation to the neck, head and face is augmented.
- Adrenal, gonad, pituitary and thyroid glands function better.
- The pose can help you develop inner harmony.