The Thakurbari Temple is a Hindu temple located in Gangtok, in the heart of the town. It is one of the oldest Hindu temple is Sikkim built in a land donated by the erstwhile Chogyal of Sikkim in 1935. The temple houses almost all major deities and has emerged as an important center of convergence for the Hindu community of Gangtok.
Subsequently, the temple was upgraded to a major temple-complex in the time period between 1945-47.
In 2011, the temple complex is further being upgraded to include multipurpose hall and library. It is completed by 2012.